WG@BE3 postponed until 2004

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Lani McGregor

WG@BE3 postponed until 2004

Post by Lani McGregor »

Amy just reminded me about our third Warm Glass at Bullseye competition/exhibition.

Sorry, been over-involved with BECon and should have posted this info sooner:

The WG@BE3 exhibition is being timed to coincide with the Grand Opening of Bullseye's new Resource Center East - which, like all good construction projects, is running predictably behind schedule. We expect to open around January 2004.

Clearly, this gives a reprieve to everyone who is late with his/her homework (moi included). You've probably got a couple of more months than last year's schedule to start making work. I expect we'll be jurying in October/November. Brad? And running the show from early Jan to early Feb.

More info soon.... famous last words..... and since I've dropped the ball, here's your chance to chirp up and make suggestions as to how this year's competition/exhibition could be improved over last year's. (Get more/better organized??)

BuriedinBEConGirl, - Lani
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

my cursed kiln thanks you Lani!
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Dani

Post by Dani »

Sounds good to me, too! :wink:
lauren

Post by lauren »

where's that new resource center gonna be??????
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

lauren wrote:where's that new resource center gonna be??????
Over by the factory - (Got excited by the word east did you?)
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

That's not East- just Less West
coolntn

Lordy Lordy...breathing a sigh...

Post by coolntn »

Glad it's postponed...I was sweating it figuring I'd have to have something done by end of Aug.

This newbie THANKS the construction company.

I'll keep an eye on the board for deadlines to have photos sent in.
lauren

Post by lauren »

(Got excited by the word east did you?)

i did...drats!!!!!!!!!

That's not East- just Less West...lololol
Alice DeGraff

Post by Alice DeGraff »

Who cares if it is less west or east.... I want to know were it is!!!

Please list where it is. Something new always excites me!

:lol: Alice De
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Dear Alice,

The new Bullseye Connection Resource Center is (will be) on the East side of the Willamette River (that’s pronounced Will am’ ette, if you ever get here and don’t want native eyes to roll upwards), right next door to the Bullseye Glass factory. It’s in a light industrial neighborhood that used to be a farmy little burb of Portland, Oregon (still referred to as Stumptown even though the logging evidence is long gone). The factory neighborhood is still called Garlic Gulch by the oldtimers who remember the Italian families that once lived here.

The OLD Resource Center was (still is for the moment) located in the trendy upscalin’ Westside – of the river – the area of downtown Stumptown known as The Pearl - as in “you should see what’s inside that grungy exteriorâ€
Judi Charlson

WG@BE3

Post by Judi Charlson »

Question about qualification for art :

If a piece of art is displayed at the Millenium Glass Center during the Warm Glass Conference could it still qualify for entry in the WG@BE3
exhibition on the west coast?
Lani McGregor

Re: WG@BE3

Post by Lani McGregor »

Judi Charlson wrote:Question about qualification for art :

If a piece of art is displayed at the Millenium Glass Center during the Warm Glass Conference could it still qualify for entry in the WG@BE3
We (at BE) don't have a problem with that. But that call is also up to Brad. - Lani
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Lani McGregor wrote:

Now, is there really a Virginia. Santa Claus?

-L
There IS a Virginia...I'm told it's on the landlubber side of D.C.... :roll: :wink: :lol: :shock: :roll:
see ya soon,
Barbara
Barbara Bader
Strega

Post by Strega »

Woohoo! Eastside rules! 8) The REAL Portland...That's Number 9 City busline, if anybody but me cares....
lauren wrote:
(Got excited by the word east did you?)

i did...drats!!!!!!!!!

That's not East- just Less West...lololol
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: WG@BE3

Post by Brad Walker »

Lani McGregor wrote:
Judi Charlson wrote:Question about qualification for art :

We (at BE) don't have a problem with that. But that call is also up to Brad. - Lani
No problem with me, either. For WG@BE, there's no restriction on being in other shows previously.
Judi Charlson

warm glass @ BE

Post by Judi Charlson »

Great news Lani and Brad!!
I want to submit my best new work to Millenium Glass Center but thought I should "save " it for the juried WG@BE3.
My old skutt kiln needs to be rewired and bricks fixed (1975) and I can't decide on what kiln or kilns I need for my new shop to upgrade my ability to produce.
I might wait until after the conference to decide as there seems to be plently of info scheduled on kiln s.
Judi :)
Judi Charlson

warm glass @ BE

Post by Judi Charlson »

Great news Lani and Brad!!
I want to submit my best new work to Millenium Glass Center but thought I should "save " it for the juried WG@BE3.
My old skutt kiln needs to be rewired and bricks fixed (1975) and I can't decide on what kiln or kilns I need for my new shop to upgrade my ability to produce.
I might wait until after the conference to decide as there seems to be plently of info scheduled on kiln s.
Judi :)
coolntn

Post by coolntn »

I looked at info from entry and contest rules from WG@BE2 and did find any restrictions on size of works, weights, or mounting restrictions ? What are these...if any ?

Would be great to know this in preparing.

THANKS !!!!
Russ
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

coolntn wrote:I looked at info from entry and contest rules from WG@BE2 and did find any restrictions on size of works, weights, or mounting restrictions ? What are these...if any ?
Regulation number three spells out the size limitation, which is basically that size is limited to works that can be hand-carried by one person: http://www.warmglass.com/WGBEII.htm#Rules

Some of the rules may change slightly this time around, but the size limitation will likely remain the same.
coolntn

Size Regu...

Post by coolntn »

Ok, so if a 'work' is multi-piece, but each piece can be carried by one individual that will suffice ?

Sorry getting so technical.