How To's on magnets going out.. .only 8 non responses...

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Stuart Clayman

How To's on magnets going out.. .only 8 non responses...

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Sorry for the delay.. I was waiting till I got a few more.. I did.. and now only have 8 non responses and assume that I will not get them since they are not responding to e-mails.

I will be sending them out in groups of 5 to make sure that they don't get caught by the spam watchers.... so, by tomorrow everyone should get a copy if they sent their "How to" in. Brad will be posting it later.

Stuart
Marty

Post by Marty »

Sorry, Stuart, no how-to on mine. I've trademarked "fused glass", "mag-less", and "blob", and everything even remotely related is patent pending.

The truth is that I can't remember. Inquiring minds need to email me a photo and I'll make up some lies.

Marty
Stuart Clayman

How To's were sent to those that submitted one to me

Post by Stuart Clayman »

If you can not open the attached file please tell me what work processing package that you have so that I can send it to you in that format. I sent it out in Word 2000. I can do lower versions of Word, in Word Perfect, in Works ect... just need the package and version.

If you have any changes or corrections please send them to me before I send Brad a final copy to post.

Stuart
Dani

Post by Dani »

Marty, I think you should also copyright the act of praying to the kiln gods. You could make a substantial chunk of change off those who spend more time imploring than actually producing a decent fused piece. Not that it could ever happen to me. Ha! You could be a rich man. My percentage on this venture is only 10. It's a brilliant idea, no? :twisted:
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

Okay, I'm one of the guilty non-responders. Too much going on.

Instructions for mine are:

1) Take Bob's powder wafer class

2) do it smaller with more stencils

3) swear a lot when stencil #3 messes up the powder from stencils #1 and #2

4) repeat step #3 ad naseum

5) join a conspiracy before you have any idea what's involved

6) don't listen to Beth

7) listen to Beth

8) Make twice as many snakes as you think you're going to need 'cause half of them are going to either deform in the kiln or break or just not look that good. One or two may bite you then you have to kill them just to keep the others intimidated.

But not necissarily in that order.

- Paul
Colin & Helen

Re: How To's on magnets going out.. .only 8 non responses...

Post by Colin & Helen »

the1glassman@yahoo.com wrote:Sorry for the delay.. I was waiting till I got a few more.. I did.. and now only have 8 non responses and assume that I will not get them since they are not responding to e-mails.

I will be sending them out in groups of 5 to make sure that they don't get caught by the spam watchers.... so, by tomorrow everyone should get a copy if they sent their "How to" in. Brad will be posting it later.

Stuart
Stuart... I did try ....but your yahooooooo site wouldn't accept my mail .... it was returned server unknown ....

Colin No ...003.....
Stuart Clayman

You can still send me your Technique or How to and ....

Post by Stuart Clayman »

they will get posted to the final one.

Colin.. my e-mail is the1glassman@yahoo.com

Here is what I put on the list for you...
Method: Spab-de-Verre Glass…. Pink stuff.
It came from your Mag Less.

:?: Don't know why yahoo was not accepting mail when you sent it.. but you can always try now and it will go in the posted version. :D

Stuart
Stuart Clayman

Does anyone not want their "how to" posted?

Post by Stuart Clayman »

As of now everyone that has sent in one has received a copy of what everyone has sent it. I have gotten 1 additional one and waiting to see if there are any changes or additions before I give it to Brad to post.

If you do not want your "How To" posted please let me know and it will be removed from the version that will be posted.

Stuart
Stuart Clayman

I need some info........ for the "How To"

Post by Stuart Clayman »

On the Magnet board there was a listing of another newpaper article about the magnet swap. I can not seem to locate it... Can someone get me the link either to the posting or to the article?

Thanks,
Stuart :oops:
Jo Holt

Re: I need some info........ for the "How To"

Post by Jo Holt »

the1glassman@yahoo.com wrote:On the Magnet board there was a listing of another newpaper article about the magnet swap. I can not seem to locate it... Can someone get me the link either to the posting or to the article?

Thanks,
Stuart :oops:
Stuart,

The article was on Diane (#34?) It worked when I posted it but the link isn't showing it now. Maybe you can contact her about it. :)
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

"As of now everyone that has sent in one has received a copy of what everyone has sent it. I have gotten 1 additional one and waiting to see if there are any changes or additions before I give it to Brad to post."

Stuart: If I understand your message, I should have received a copy of from you of what I sent in. I haven't gotten anything back, and did e-mailed my description to you some time ago. Please confirm that you have it. Thanks. Nikki O'Neill #28
Stuart Clayman

Non receipt of How to

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Nicki,
I sent you one with a grouping of 6 magnateers. Maybe it got caught as a spam since it was sent to a group. I send it just to you this time.
If anyone else did not get a copy please send me an e-mail to the1glassman@yahoo.com

Stuart
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

I got it!
thanks so much. Stuart, for all your efforts.
Nikki
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Good news.... :) and bad news :oops:

The good news is we are down to only 5 people that have not send me in a "How To". The listing that Brad will be posting will have the final list on it. After that if you would like an updated version let me know and I can send you an updated version.

The bad news is I found out tonight that I missed mailing a "How To" list to someone that did respond. If you did not get on from me please drop me a line via e-mail or a personal message via this board and I will drop you a copy after I scrape the egg off my face.

Stuart ... the1glassman@yahoo.com