Need QUALITY 7" diamond saw blade

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Cheryl

Need QUALITY 7" diamond saw blade

Post by Cheryl »

When I bought my baby tile saw, I wasn't thinking about replacement blades but apparently I should have been! My saw takes a 7-inch blade. All the good ones I've seen (Crystalite, yellow blazer, etc.) are 6, 8, etc. inches.

Am I crazy or am I not looking in the right places??!? :(
chris webb

Post by chris webb »

I believe MK diamond blades come in a 7" size
chris webb
you know you're a great dane lover when....You hear running water you jump up and yell OUTSIDE!
Wallace Venable

Post by Wallace Venable »

I have a Harbor Freight 7" OVERHEAD tile saw. I'm using a thin 6" Lopacki blade with 1/2" styrofoam under my glass. I'd like to have a 7" blade for it. While ordering some other diamond products from Lopacki last week, I suggested to the lady taking my order that they should consider 7" blades. She said "I'll talk to Daniel about it."

I'm not sure what you mean by "quality." Lopacki sells "cheap" saw blades which means "not stainless" and "not plated." They cut well. That's the kind of quality which interests me - good value for money.
Wally Venable, Student of glass
Jim Wixon

Post by Jim Wixon »

Two good blades for an MK saw are MK 215 GL or MK 303 Pro. Both are aprox the same price and both do a good job. Here is a link.
jim

http://www18.iwebcenters.com/protoolsex ... 31251.ctlg
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Need QUALITY 7" diamond saw blade

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Cheryl wrote:When I bought my baby tile saw, I wasn't thinking about replacement blades but apparently I should have been! My saw takes a 7-inch blade. All the good ones I've seen (Crystalite, yellow blazer, etc.) are 6, 8, etc. inches.

Am I crazy or am I not looking in the right places??!? :(
Try

http://www.hisglassworks.com/index.html
Marty Daily @ CDV

quality diamond blade

Post by Marty Daily @ CDV »

Hi,

I have purchased blades from cyrstlite. You need to call them and talk to tech support. Tell them the type of glass you want to cut and they will configure the proper diamond size and how it is bonded to the blade. They will also need the arbor size (hole in the blade) and the outside diameter. They will also want to know how thick you want the blade to be, they can give advise on this when they know what you want to cut.

The last blade I had made was a 7" blade for cutting quartz glass tubing. It cost $250.00

There is a difference between the ceramic, masonry, and glass blades. They have different diamonds and are bound differently.

Marty Daily
Centre DeVerre
Marty Daily
email: martydaily@verizon.net
Cheryl

how long did it last? that's pretty big $$$

Post by Cheryl »

sorry I haven't called - I'm in the midst of selling one house, buying another, living in hotels in between