New Kiln

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jerry

New Kiln

Post by Jerry »

Okay all you kiln crafters, here's the question of the day. I need to get a new kiln. I need it to accomodate my pushy, grumpy, porcelin making wife so cone 10, 2350, is a requirement. I do some deep castings so my Paragon 22AD isn't usable. I need a good controller too.

I've looked at Paragon, Skutt, L&L and a couple of others and wind up around $1700 including shipping. Any advice on which one?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Jerry
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

With the L & L- the element holders will still look new in 15-20 years. High firing normally wears out elements prematurely, but between a friend and myself, our 3 L & L's still look good. The oldest is over 20 yrs of age,, and they all appear to be in quite good shape. The price is a little high, but....... .
The others are very good, but will show their age earlier than the L & L's. Good luck. :wink:
Jim Wixon

Post by Jim Wixon »

You can get an L&L with zone control for less than the others and it should be an advantage for your glass.
jim