SYSTEM 96 FRIT

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

LAFFER301

SYSTEM 96 FRIT

Post by LAFFER301 »

I am in desperate need of system 96 frit black powder. uroboros left it off there production schedule and it is back ordered for over a month..... help
charlie

Re: SYSTEM 96 FRIT

Post by charlie »

LAFFER301 wrote:I am in desperate need of system 96 frit black powder. uroboros left it off there production schedule and it is back ordered for over a month..... help
a piece of glass, folded newspaper, a large hammer, and a concrete garage floor come to mind.
LAFFER301

re

Post by LAFFER301 »

thanks, but i need powder. i was hoping that someone knew of a shop that might have it in stock
lissa

Post by lissa »

What I do to make frit is put my glass in the oven at 550 F, leave it a bit, and throw it into a metal pot of cold water. Sometimes it can use a little further breaking up but it's a cinch at that point. Search the archives for making frit if you are inclined to make your own in this pinch, there are all sorts of clever methods.

lissa.
lissa

Post by lissa »

Woops, I posted that while you were posting your reply, can't help with a supplier.

lissa.
LAFFER301

woops

Post by LAFFER301 »

thanks llisa. i just spoke with the 50th online store that i have called today, they said to take a sheet and cut into 1/4" strips, and throw it into a coffee grinder. has anyone ever done this before. :D
Ron Coleman

Re: SYSTEM 96 FRIT

Post by Ron Coleman »

LAFFER301 wrote:I am in desperate need of system 96 frit black powder. uroboros left it off there production schedule and it is back ordered for over a month..... help
Did you check with AA Products?

http://www.aaproducts.com/Frit96.html

Ron
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

try Warner Crivellaro from the link above or CRLoo at http://www.crloo.com

How much do you need?

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Ross

Post by Ross »

I have a container o f96 black powder. If you need it... send me a personal message. I haven't used any of it and I don't need to any time soon!

Ross
Patty Gray

Post by Patty Gray »

How much do you need? I might be able to help you. Patty
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

sounds like you're going to get what you need, but FYI, the coffee grinder does work pretty well.
karla

Post by karla »

For future reference, Mt. Airy Glass in Suwanee, GA carries a good selection of 96 frits and powders - toll free number is 800-543-5324
why be normal........?