fused glass in NYC

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Leslie Ihde

fused glass in NYC

Post by Leslie Ihde »

I'm going to NYC on Friday and wondered if anyone could suggest a gallery to see fused glass in- in SoHo or other places. Thanks.

Leslie
Leslie Ihde
Turning Point Studio
Vestal, New York
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Heller Gallery! http://www.hellergallery.com

Wish I were going with you - have a great time in the city!
Catharine
Leslie Ihde

Post by Leslie Ihde »

Thank-you, Catharine- I looked at the site, it looks great, I will go there. Any of your pieces there yet?

Leslie
Leslie Ihde
Turning Point Studio
Vestal, New York
Marty

Post by Marty »

Not fused but really nice- the Museum of the City of New York on Central Park West at 79th (?) St., just south of the American Museum of Natural History, facing Central Park, has a fabulous collection (Neustadt's) of Tiffany stuff.

Directly across the park on Fifth Ave. is the Metropolitan Museum of Art- you could spend weeks there.
Leslie Ihde

Post by Leslie Ihde »

Thanks, Marty, I'll check it out. I frequently go to the city, but I am deepening my search for fused galleries large and small now. I hope your work is going well.

Leslie
Leslie Ihde
Turning Point Studio
Vestal, New York
Marty

Post by Marty »

Leslie- Barry Friedman and Leo Kaplan galleries have glass, usually interesting, sometimes fused. Go visit Urbanglass too.
There's a nice shop in Englewood NJ just over the GW Bridge called Mostly Glass.
Marty
Tony Serviente

Post by Tony Serviente »

Hi Leslie, you're a neighbor to me, relatively speaking. Given your location I'm guessing you've spent time at the Corning Museum. I keep meaning to spend about a week there, and that would probably be a good warm up. Have fun!
Leslie Ihde

Post by Leslie Ihde »

Hi Tony,

Yes, I've spent many an hour at Corning. One day you and I will meet.

Leslie
Leslie Ihde
Turning Point Studio
Vestal, New York
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Leslie Ihde wrote:Thank-you, Catharine- I looked at the site, it looks great, I will go there. Any of your pieces there yet?

Leslie
Not at Heller, but I do have an exhibition running currently at BE Connection Gallery that I'm very excited about! New work: http://www.bullseyeconnectiongallery.com

Have a marvelous weekend in NYC - and would you post your discoveries when you return?

Catharine