New & thanks already!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

quill

New & thanks already!

Post by quill »

I am a glassbeadmaker & just took my first fusing class last weekend.

I was looking for info on fusing Dichroic & discovered this board. Great info in the archives & I just wanted to say thanks & introduce myself.
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Linda--I just checked out your website and you are a very talented bead artist. Beautiful work. I started out making beads and my mother-in-law was so crazy about them. I stopped making them years ago but she still bugs me for them so every once in a while I make some and send them to her just to keep being the daughter-in-law of the year. She would LOVE your mushrooms--esp as a zipper pull. If I want to buy one (or a couple) and what I want is not available on ebay can I do that? If I buy her your beads I can still be daughter-in-law of the year and I won't have to do any of the work!! :wink: I live in Canada and I have a paypal account. Email me and let me know!
Amy
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Linda: Welcome to this great place to learn new stuff. I'm really partial to the amoebae on your website.
Nikki
quill

Post by quill »

Thanks to both of you. It is so nice to get a welcome!

Amy, I have sent you an e-mail about the mushrooms.
Steve Immerman

Beautiful Beads!

Post by Steve Immerman »

Wow. What phenomenal beads! Also, a very nice web site. My son is learning beadmaking, and I've made him look at your site and the nice tutorial.

Welcome to the board.

Steve
jim simmons

Re: New & thanks already!

Post by jim simmons »

quill wrote:I am a glassbeadmaker & just took my first fusing class last weekend.

I was looking for info on fusing Dichroic & discovered this board. Great info in the archives & I just wanted to say thanks & introduce myself.
Very nice. I especially like the owls. What a hoot. (pun intended)

What kind of torch are you using?
We have a Minor burner and a Lynx.

Keep up the good work.

Jim
quill

Post by quill »

What kind of torch are you using?
I am using a Bobcat. Great little torch!