Glory Hole & Resin Poles

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

whitejoyce

Glory Hole & Resin Poles

Post by whitejoyce »

Good Morning,

I have (3) questions to ask and one of them, they have nothing to do with the other.

1) I am looking for some type of machine that is reasonable priced (Glory Hole) to do smart items of glass works, I did look in the archives, did not find what I needed. Can anyone help?

2) I have ran across some resin poles, I know resin is a great material in some cases, however how can I melt it once it already harden?

3) In addition, are there more than one kind of
resin?

Thank you in advance for any comments,suggestions, and reccommendations.
J. White
charlie

Re: Glory Hole & Resin Poles

Post by charlie »

whitejoyce wrote:Good Morning,

I have (3) questions to ask and one of them, they have nothing to do with the other.

1) I am looking for some type of machine that is reasonable priced (Glory Hole) to do smart items of glass works, I did look in the archives, did not find what I needed. Can anyone help?

2) I have ran across some resin poles, I know resin is a great material in some cases, however how can I melt it once it already harden?

3) In addition, are there more than one kind of
resin?

Thank you in advance for any comments,suggestions, and reccommendations.
1: what you you trying to do? what are 'smart items' and what do you expect to do in a glory hole?
2: no. it changes into another material once the catalyst goes away. you'll just light it on fire. you can chemically melt resins and redissolve them, but it would be hard to find the correct solvent for a particular item without knowing what it's made of.
3: hundreds, if not thousands