BECon Portland update: Program & Presenters

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Lani McGregor

BECon Portland update: Program & Presenters

Post by Lani McGregor »

Far from final, but we've added the list of program topics and the beginnings of the list of presenters for the Bullseye Teachers Conference to the conference site today:

http:www.beconference.com

To everyone who's applied and made suggestions: THANK YOU! Your ideas are terrific and your humor is ..... well .... cute .... :badgrin:

Yes, for those who asked, there WILL be the famous Bullseye Lehr-B-Que on Saturday night ... chicken and ribs down the 100 ft long annealer in the factory.... more details going up in the social events section soon.

We're still adding other details, and hope to have the rest of the information up this week. (Famous last words!)

-Lani
Bert Weiss

Re: BECon Portland update: Program & Presenters

Post by Bert Weiss »

Lani McGregor wrote:Yes, for those who asked, there WILL be the famous Bullseye Lehr-B-Que on Saturday night ... chicken and ribs down the 100 ft long annealer in the factory.... more details going up in the social events section soon.-Lani
That's great. After all it is a self cleaning oven. At 1000º no grease is left anywhere.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Brock

Post by Brock »

Fantastic Lani, my application is on the way.
Oops, no it isn't, problem with the data base. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Brock wrote:Fantastic Lani, my application is on the way.
Oops, no it isn't, problem with the data base. Brock
No! It's you, Brock. It's a Luddite-protected database.

Anyone else who has problems with the form should contact: ChrisPetrauskas@bullseye-glass.com

Lani
Brock

Post by Brock »

Okay, I sent it again, and it worked, but of course, I got my own email address wrong. Typical typing for fumble fingers. So, I sent it again.

So, take the details off my first application, and the email address off my second. Sorry. Maybe I'm on your list.

Brock
twins

Post by twins »

twin_vision_glass@hotmail.com is finally on email. I still have to remember how to type since I have not done so in 30 years. OOOOps! Dating myself and Melanie again. Have the topics been set yet or would anyone like to discuss Zircar Mold mix 6 and a more envirenmentally friendly way to use it.
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

twins wrote:twin_vision_glass@hotmail.com is finally on email. I still have to remember how to type since I have not done so in 30 years. OOOOps! Dating myself and Melanie again. Have the topics been set yet or would anyone like to discuss Zircar Mold mix 6 and a more envirenmentally friendly way to use it.
Leslie,

We're trying to find a local studio where we might slot this into a longer presentation. Can you describe your typical short-course or workshop briefly? I've heard great things about your research in this area.

Lani
twins

Post by twins »

Dear Lani, I was surprised to hear from you so soon. My excitement to share this mold material is :lol: I hope when I post this that the happy face is present. Melanie and I feel that an introduction course is the best way to spark some interest in this versitile mold material, as we realize that time and space is a difficulty. We could "Think Small" to share basic Information about Mold Mix 6 and it's wonderful qualities and limitations. I am not sure how to approach the discussion , as we would have to know how much time we could have; and the outlet; as that would determine the course outline: but starting small has great possibilities as far as using paper sculpture, plastercine and other environmentally friendly products so we could keep burnout to a minimum. It would be nice to show how to do this though, but slides and handouts work to. Call if you would like to, and we could discuss this matter further.[/img]
Brock

Post by Brock »

Hi Mel and Les,

It's about time you two Luddites joined us. We'll look forward to expert advice on all things castable. Brock
twins

Post by twins »

[img]%20Thankyou%20for%20the%20welcome%20Brock!!!!%20It%20is%20about%20time%20we%20are%20connected.%20I%20must%20admit%20that%20it%20is%20addicting.[/img]