KWH Meters

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jack Bowman

KWH Meters

Post by Jack Bowman »

A few months back there was a thread about electrical usage and metering. I came upon this site today and it has a fine selection of electrical items. the pages seem to load strangely, at least on my browser. After you click on the KWH Meter tab it says done and you have to scroll down to see anything.

Jack
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

hi jack ... i was the instigator of that inquiry, i believe. please provide the link ... it's missing. btw, an electrician solved the metering problem for me. additionally, i found out it's a lot cheaper to run the big kiln than i thought, even at 22cents per Kwh. kitty.
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

A link? Why didn't *I* think of that?

http://www.amprobe.com/cgi-bin/pdc/pgvi ... &type=elec

Sorry.

I powered up my new kiln for testing yesterday. 36x60x12 inside. Room temp to 1600 in 55 minutes on 56 amps. I'm quite pleased. The outside only got warm to the touch. The Paragon ceramic kiln I've been using is ~30 amp and takes an hour or more to go from 1200 to 1550. I didn't like hanging out in that range so long. I'm thinking that the big one may be a big money saver in the long run. I go out tomorrow and get an electric hoist for the bell and I'm good to go.

Jack