Painted glass ?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dani

Post by Dani »

And here's a recent news flash.... "Bendheim has received the first shipment of new Lamberts Striped Glass! Popular flashes such as blue on clear, red on clear and red on yellow are presented in alternating horizontal bands of color that allow for rapid tonal gradation within a relatively small piece of glass. Additional colors such as blue on yellow and red on blue are due to arrive shortly" I expect they will have images at their website http://www.bendheim.com sometime soon if not already.
AVLucky

Post by AVLucky »

I had one of those <<D'OH!>> sort of epiphanies today and I want to amend my previous statements. :oops: The more I thought about it, it seemed like the easiest way to get that fade look would be to just have it already in the glass, and to cut the piece selectively. (Which I think Dani's post is pointing out as well--she beat me to it!) There are plenty of examples in the Lamberts link that was posted here a little while back. So I'm going to make that my revised guess. And I've enjoyed hearing everyone's two cents on this.