Clammy hands in the sandblaster gloves?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Marty

Clammy hands in the sandblaster gloves?

Post by Marty »

Eureka! Put small holes in the finger tips. Air flows down the glove into the cabinet, soothes-n-cools (tm) and keeps the mold down. Smells better too.
Cliff Swanson

Post by Cliff Swanson »

Marty,

I built my blasting cabinet, and for gauntlets I simply went to K-mart, bought a cheap nylon jacket, and cut the sleeves off. I blast bare-handed because I prefer feeling the glass while I'm sandblasting it. The elastic in the jacket sleeves is loose enough to allow air flow, and tight enough to exclude grit but not be uncomfortable. Blasting bare-handed isn't uncomfortable at all, at least using SiC. Aluminum oxide may be a different story because of the static electricity discharges.

Cliff
Nickie Jordan

Post by Nickie Jordan »

I knew a guy 6 years ago that accidentally sandblasted 6 oz of abrasive under his skin. I, personally, will never use anything but rubber. Be careful ! - Nickie
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Clammy hands in the sandblaster gloves?

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Marty wrote:Eureka! Put small holes in the finger tips. Air flows down the glove into the cabinet, soothes-n-cools (tm) and keeps the mold down. Smells better too.
I am suprised U dont get ur son 2 do it

Its in his room anyway

Is it not ??

4 those who have no kids the

Soothes n Cools tm

Is a very good alternative