Big bubbles

This forum is for questions from newcomers to kiln-forming.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Liz Gamelin

Big bubbles

Post by Liz Gamelin »

I am such a newbie (read dummy).
I have just learned the hard way to keep only the glass I need to use around me when I'm cleaning a piece to get it ready to fire.
I put together a 12" plate (very ambitious project) with a solid round on the bottom two concentric rings cut from other glass (I was so proud I could get them out whole) then I filled the center with lots of small pieces of glass to make a mosaic look. Well, the solid glass that I was building this all on was on the bottom, so I took another 12" round cleaned it and started to reconstruct my piece, but I left the original bottom round by my work station and in a distracted moment I cleaned it and put it on top. I did not even notice what I had done until I fired it. (DUH, *insert head slap here*) Well needless to say there where three huge bubble blowouts!

Now my question is can I slump some glass into those holes? Or should I just hammer it up and use it as a pot melt?
I would attach a photo but I can't get it to load. (any help with that issue would be appreciated)

I've learned a valuable lesson through this. I hope someone new to fusing will learn from my mistake as well.

Thanks for letting me vent and I appreciate any input anyone has to give.
Buttercup

Re: Big bubbles

Post by Buttercup »

Liz, can't help you with your glass question but if you look in 'Board Help' at the bottom of the Board index you'll see several threads that ask about posting images. Depending on the problem you're experiencing, the answer may be in there.

(BTW, Big Bubbles sounds like an exotic dancer :D ) Jen