Hello!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

fixdit

Hello!

Post by fixdit »

Hello to all of you and Thank You for creating and maintaining this site. I am a newby to the glass artworking circles and will be in need of advice and direction in the months to come as well as tips on what I need for equipment. I have been compiling a small collection of reference books but am having difficulty finding basic "how to" in laymans terms. I also have a "Paragon A-88-B kiln that was donated by :shock: my mother with much resistance from my father. Tough nougies dad. I have began reading the tutorial on this site and it appears to very close to what I am looking for. Any insight for a beginner would be greatly appreciated and I may be of assistance to many of you with my multitude of knowlwdge in the repair and set up of equipment ( Ex-Maintenance Technician and Jack of all Trades). Thanks to Julia @ White house books for pointing me in this direction. You are the best. Bye for now Douglas M.
dee

Re: Hello!

Post by dee »

fixdit wrote:Hello to all of you and Thank You for creating and maintaining this site. I am a newby to the glass artworking circles and will be in need of advice and direction in the months to come as well as tips on what I need for equipment. I have been compiling a small collection of reference books but am having difficulty finding basic "how to" in laymans terms. I also have a "Paragon A-88-B kiln that was donated by :shock: my mother with much resistance from my father. Tough nougies dad. I have began reading the tutorial on this site and it appears to very close to what I am looking for. Any insight for a beginner would be greatly appreciated and I may be of assistance to many of you with my multitude of knowlwdge in the repair and set up of equipment ( Ex-Maintenance Technician and Jack of all Trades). Thanks to Julia @ White house books for pointing me in this direction. You are the best. Bye for now Douglas M.
one of the best investments you can make is to buy brad's warm glass book which is where the tutorial comes from - excellent beginning info plus more advanced topics for when you're ready. also you can get 8x10 pieces of bullseye glass for very good prices at aaproducts.com to use for learning/experimentaiton/prototyping while you learn how fusing works with your kiln - each kiln is different....
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com