2021 Ornament Exchange
We are excited to announce our Second Annual Ornament Exchange. As some of you know Warm Glass did an annual Magless exchange from 2002 to 2015 and we thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone’s creativity and techniques come alive in your magnets. We have brought back that tradition, but are changing things up by doing ornaments this time! For those of you that are interested in participating here is what you need to know.
Please register by September 18th. A $20 shipping fee will be due at time of registration in order to save your spot. If you live outside the US please contact us to find out what your fee will be. You will be responsible for shipping completed ornaments to us. Registration is over!!!
Ornaments will be due by Nov 20. Please don’t be late!
Ornaments will be sent out by Dec 4.
This year’s exchange will have 20 participants. If you missed the registration date please contact us to find out if there is still room to be added or to be put on a waiting list as an alternate.
Now the fun part!
- Size: Minimum size 1”x 1” (2.5cm x 2.5 cm). Maximum size around 3” x 3” (7.5cm x 7.5cm) Any shape is allowed, just make sure to keep the size under control.
- All ornaments must be made by fusing. (Ex… casting, high temp methods, frit, paints, metal inclusions, kiln carving, etc..) Non glass embellishments are allowed as long as the main ornament was fused in a kiln.
- Glass type is not a requirement. Any brand/COE is acceptable.
- Ornaments need to be able to be hung. Please drill a hole, glue a bail, or use some system in order to make these hangable. (Attaching string is not required, just the ability to be able to hang the ornament.)
- Sign your ornament. You can use an engraver, glass paint, deco pen, or sticker. This step is not required but highly recommended so others will know who made what ornament once they’ve been unwrapped.
Upon completion, ornaments are to be bagged in individual plastic bags or wrappers and labeled with your name and entry number on the outside of the bag.
Please enclose your mailing address in the box upon shipping. We will be using USPS Priority to ship so PO Boxes are acceptable.
Mail ornaments to:
Warm Glass Gallery & Studio
2575 Old Glory Rd
Clemmons, NC 27012
Please do not forget to put suite number on box!
Thank you for being a part of our ornament exchange. We look forward to seeing everyone’s designs and creativity!